Monday, February 27, 2012

Choke Tea, Tea Choke, Artichoke Tea

Hi everyone,

Happy happy Monday! Recently, I've noticed how well-behaved my skin has been. Having suffered from acne since I was 12 years old, I consider this a miracle. Currently, I don't take any herbal medicines to cure my zits. However, during the past few weeks, I do drink artichoke tea and I've noticed that my skin clarity has improved. Not only that I don't have any zits, I do have a nice glow on my face.

Packs of artichoke tea
I even got some samples from the supermarket, yay!
While doing research on this topic, I realize this is a Vietnamese thing. I used to buy the artichoke flower and boil it until the cows come home only to drink the liquid and leave the good stuff behind. Back then, I didn't know the artichoke heart is edible as we Viet people don't eat it. I doubt you can get artichoke tea in the bag like mine outside of Vietnam unless you go grocery shopping at a Vietnamese grocery store.

However, when there's a will, there's a way. This article shows you how to make an artichoke tea infusion from leaves, stems, and flowers. It also points out the benefits of artichoke tea. I drink 4 cups of artichoke tea a day and on days that I forget to drink them, I feel more irritated and less wholesome. It's strange but this tea makes me sleep really well, too.

Skincare wise, I keep things simple: I wash my face with Pond's Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon and Vitamin B3 (review here) using a facial cleansing brush. At night, I use a few drops of Marie Louise moisturizing toner on my face and that's it. I don't think I have ever had a simpler routine before.

I guess every little thing makes a huge difference when combined together. The artichoke tea is one of them. It is mildly sweet by itself so no sweetener is necessary. You can drink it hot or cold. It is delicious either way.

With love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and  subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails