Friday, February 24, 2012

Tag, You're It: Where the Magic Happens

Hi everyone,

Have you wondered where I do all of my writing? Well, you don't have to do that anymore. Today's post is going to solve that problem.

Throughout the years, I have been blogging all over the place. Since I move around a lot, my prime blogging space (PBS) is also quite mobile. Let's see:

  • 2008: the PBS was in between the door to the closet and my bed. I had a small table and used dial-up internet back then. Yet, I was blogging fearlessly back then. Ah, the good ole days!
  • 2009-beginning of 2011: I moved to the new apartment where I met Belly. It was a peaceful 2-year period in my life. I had no internet so my PBS was either at some public library (wherever I could find a seat), coffee shop, or Border's. Sometimes, it was a combination of all of the above. It required a lot of planning but I was blogging quite frequently back then.
  • 2011-now: since coming back to Vietnam, I have moved a lot. From the old house to the rental house, I was using a 3G mobile internet device to go online and it was spotty at its best. Now that the renovation is over, I can haz good internet and it does feel good!
Here is my current PBS:


I do most of my writing on this table with this laptop. I don't have a desktop for myself and this is the second laptop I am using. The first one busted a fuse by the beginning of 2010 and I'm lucky I finished defending my thesis already. Otherwise, it could have been a disaster. I don't have a separate office and this is a part of my bedroom. The TV and DVD player are not a part of the MMB global blogging corporation at all (haha!) They are a part of the landscape. Notice how many DVDs I have and The Big Bang Theory DVD sets as well. I have the first 3 seasons and I want season 4.


This is my makeup desk/vanity table. It looks more like a desk than a vanity table to me. I barely use the stool it came with but use that ergonomic chair in the first picture instead.



My picture taking spot is the hub in between the sofa and the giant water bottle. Since the house is painted with pale pink, finding a spot that is pure white is quite a task. However, I am quite lucky to get this hub since (a) it is unoccupied, (b) is right outside my room, and (c) has the best lightning I can get. For the past week or two, most of the pictures I took and used in this blog came from there.

Thank you, Trisha, for inviting me to this blogging tag. Now, it's my turn to pass the torch. I'm curious of where you do your writing. You don't have to go into details like I do, I just love to write. Of course, this tag is open to everyone who wants to do it but I'm calling these bloggers out. You guys have to do it or else ;)


That's all for today. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog. While writing this, I realized my blog and I have gone through a lot and to still be here today is a miracle.

With love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following me and  subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails