Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bling-ah-Bling-ah-Bling

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've come to a big fashion realization: having a nice outfit is not enough, you need to have cool accessories, too! I used to buy lots and lots of earrings, necklaces, and rings only to realize I had no outfits to wear them with. Also, I was working in a lab and it was not easy to wear jewelries as they can get in the way. Now that I am older, I am also more selective with my jewelry purchases. In order for me to bring them home, they have to be cool and unique.

Here are a couple of rings I have. Most of them are silver, by the way. Gold looks too gaudy on me but silver goes better with my skin as I have cool undertone. See, knowing your skin tone is advantageous in jewelry purchase as well!

My precious!
 Now, I don't usually rock them out like that. I would pick one ring to wear and that's it. Each ring comes with a memory and I love them all the way they are.

(L-R): Flower ring was purchase in VN, puma ring: Tallahassee, citrine ring: a gift from Cambodia; pearl ring: from NYC, big leafy ring: my reward for writing 35K words in the 2010 NaNoWriMo
Same stuff, better clarity, I guess :)
The puma ring is my best purchase. It is made of silver with encrusted rubies for eyes and real diamonds for the body. I got a really good deal on it and every time I wear it, I think Belly would approve.
The diamonds! They are so tiny, can you see them?
I bought this and wore a few times before realizing a big couture house has a leopard/puma theme for their Spring/Summer collection. Apparently, I was ahead of the curve as this ring was purchased about a year before that!
By the way, I forgot to mention about the jade ring in the first picture. My mom got it ages ago and I don't think she has ever worn it. It was laying around the house collecting dust until we moved last year. She was about to throw it away. In the trash. The horror!

I stopped her and salvaged it at the last minute. It's a totally fine ring and I am sure they don't make jade rings like it anymore. Which makes it cool and unique. I can see myself dressing it down with jeans and t-shirt or dressing it up with a LBD. Either ways, it is still one cool jade ring that I got for free!

How about you? Do you like to accessorize yourself? Please let me know in the comment section, ok?

With love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and  subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails