Although I am not a gym rat, I have enough time in the gym to have my own pet peeves. Here are my top 10:
1. I go to the gym and hear people bragging that they spend x amount of time working out while the only thing I see is them talking to each other while leaning on the machines I intended to use.
2. Guys who leave their towels on the machines that they don't use as a way to reserve them: if you are not using them, take your stinky towels away so I can use the machines.
3. People who don't wipe away the sweats they leave on the machines: and you expect my clothes to absorb your sweat? Ewww!
4. Guys who drop the weights on the floor after using them: there's a rack, you should put the weights there. If I trip and fall because of those weights, it's going to be all on you.
5. People who talk on their cell phones while working out: come on, I don't want to know what you are planning to do tonight. Keep that to yourself and go somewhere else to talk.
6. Girls who wear skimpy workout clothes but never break a sweat because all they do is to talk to handsome guys: 'nuff said. Stop sauntering in front of me while contorting your body to impress that guy. He's exercising. He's not interested.
7. People who don't wear proper workout clothing: I'm not Tim Gunn or anything but please stop wearing what you would wear to sleep to the gym. The fabric is not thick enough to cover your man boobs and/or naughty bits after you are on the treadmill for 15 minutes or so.
8. Elderly people who walk around naked in the locker room: every gym has to have at least one. I'm not discriminated or anything but please, put some clothes on. The locker room is still a public place, y'know?
9. The person who likes to correct the yoga instructor: I have one word for you: moron! She is the instructor. You are not. So keep your opinions to yourself.
10. The person who wants to know all about how much weight you have loss and then give passive-aggressive comments: if that person can't find a way to be encouraging then don't say anything at all.
How about you? Do you have any pet peeves at the gym? Please share, ok?
|P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!|