Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vanity FOTD

Hi everybody,

This week, Walgreens has a 50% off deal on all Wet 'n' Wild products. I took the opportunity to get me the Vanity palette from their ColorIcons collection. After hearing so many nice things about it in the blogsphere, I guess the 50% off just gave me an extra push to obtain this palette. I have to say, the Vanity palette doesn't disappoint: it is pigmented and a lot smoother than the old WnW Ultimate Expressions I had before.

I did a quick neutral look and this is the result:

Vanity FOTD
Most of the products I used are from the drugstores or are affordable, except for the Shu Uemura blush and MAC 217 brush. Also, have you noticed how much less brushes and products I've used lately in my FOTDs?


Note: the Neutrogena Just Whispers is a dupe of MAC Blankety. It is also 50% off at Walgreens. At $5, this lipstick is a good deal. It feels pretty much like a MAC lipstick except it doesn't have the sweet smell.

Wanna know how I did this look? Jump!


Eyes
Colors I used in the look. The numbers indicate the order I used them
Yellow area: color #1 (which is a nice dupe of MAC Goldmine, I reckon), Orange-ish area: #2, Tan area: #3, White area: #4
#1 applied with the ELF eyeshadow brush, the rest applied and blended with MAC 217.
I used the sponge to apply the gold color to the lower lash line area.
Should look like this after lining the upper and lower lash lines with Essence Espresso liner  and two coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Millionize mascara
Open eye
Face and Lips

I mixed my mineral foundation with sunscreen to create a tinted foundation/moisturizer and applied it on my face. Then, I used the long handled kabuki (LHK) to apply The Ultimate Powder to set my foundation and cut the shine. Using the same brush, I applied Shiseido P Brown 76 blush on my cheeks.
Lips: Neutrogena Just Whispers with Astra no. 04 on top

Did you notice something different with my hair? Yeah, I went to get a haircut last Thursday. It's a Victoria Beckham-ish pob. Since my hair is longer than hers, it doesn't look exactly like the Posh bob. The guy who cut my hair did a good job with it and I love how it moves.

So, what do you think about this week's FOTD? Have you tried the Vanity palette yet?

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails