Monday, August 2, 2010

New Hrrrrr

Hi everybody,

I'm backkkkkkkkkkk! (Not sure for how long, though)

So yeah, the hand finally healed. It took 2 weeks of not aggravating my right hand and taking lots of glucosamine pills. I finished the rest of my Osteo Bi-Flex pills and bought a new bottle of Glucosamine+MSM from Sam's Club. The new one apparently works a lot better than the old one since it has higher concentration of MSM.

Yup, I'm still taking glucosamine. The pile of paper in the background is the first draft of what's becoming a novel. Apparently, I didn't do a lot of writing either, ever since my hand gave me a hard time.
Thank you, everybody for wishing me a speedy recovery. It used to take me less time to get over this kind of pain but now I'm getting older. It's a wake up call for me to take care of myself better.

Now, please take one good look at this picture of moi:

Yes, take a look at it, guys!
Why? Because I did the most insane thing last weekend. It's a suicide move for me if I still want to blog as a beauty blogger.

What did you do, you may ask?

Well, I went to Aveda to get my hair cut off. Twelve inches of hair off my back. Yes, it's a foot-long of hair, yo! And now, look at me:

I look like a boy. With a tan!
Why did I cut my hair? The truth is, I always wanted to donate my hair but every time I went to get a haircut, I always ended up with something really short. I started growing my hair out in 2007, after 4 years of having really short hair (shorter than what I have now.) It could have been a lot longer had I not involved myself in 2 freak hair cutting accidents. In both cases, my hair was simply cut in a horrendous manner that required me to grow out a lot more and then get the length cut off to look decent. I lost about 6 inches of length combined.

So, the hair is on its way to Locks of Love to make into wigs for children with long-term medical hair loss. Even if I don't look so good with short hair, the thought of helping others cheers me up. Also, the donated hair is a tribute to my friend who recently passed away. It was painful for her to go through chemo, to see clumps of hair falling apart. Hair can always grow back, people can't. I hope my hair will be a part of somebody's life.

Note about the tan:

 It's been so hot in Florida for the past week. It's so hot that I now have the tendency to add the adjective "bloody" before the adjective "hot". It is skin-shearing hot, people! As much as I try not to be outdoor, I still manage to get a tan. That's how ridiculously not it is. Now, my skin color is around NC35, which probably is the darkest I've ever got.

Photobucket P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails