Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blue Steel FOTD

Howdy, partners!

Ever since I started wearing makeup again in 2007, I always looked for an eyeshadow called "Blue Steel". That, of course, came from an obsession after watching "Zoolander", which I believe is the best comedy about male models and fashion ("Hansel, so hot right now!")

Blue Steel, baby!

To commemorate Derek Zoolander's signature look, I set foot forward to created a color named "Blue Steel" for Formula D Minerals. I wore this look to a party and got a lot of compliments on it.


What you need (products from Formula D minerals unless otherwise noted):

  • The Ultimate Powder
  • Dandelion blush
  • Eye shadows: Something Blue, Baby Blue, Blue Steel, and Bella
  • Foundation
  • MAC Blacktrack gel liner and slanted eyeliner brush
  • L'Oreal 6hrs plumping lip gloss in Plumped Pink
  • Essence Kajal eyeliner in Cool Breeze
  • Optional: peach concealer for under eye dark circles
  • Brushes: kabuki brush from Swirled Cosmetics, foundation brush (to use with concealer), ELF eyeshadow brush, EcoTools crease and highlight brush, and Sonia Kashuk slanted eyeshadow brush



Eyes
Open eye

Closed eye

Semi-close eye
  • Using the ELF eyeshadow brush, apply Baby Blue to the inner 1/3 of your eyelid. With the same brush, apply Something Blue to the rest of your eyelid, blending the two colors at the edge.
  • With EcoTools crease brush, apply Blue Steel lightly to the crease and blend.
  • Using Sonia Kashuk slanted eyeshadow brush, pick up Blue Steel and apply it close to the lash line. By the end of the lash line, brush the remaining color up toward your temple and blend it.
  • With EcoTools crease brush, use Bella to highlight the brow bones and the inner corner of the eyes.
  • Use the synthetic eyeliner brush to line your eyes Blacktrack, winging it out at the end.
  • Use Essence kajal liner in Cool Breeze to line your lower lashes.
  • Apply 2 coats of mascara and your eyes are done.
Face
  • Apply The Ultimate Powder to your face as a primer, using the kabuki brush.
  • Then buff your mineral foundation to your face using the same brush
  • To seal the foundation, apply another layer of The Ultimate Powder
  • Blush: using a blush brush, apply Dandelion to your cheeks. (Optional) To make your cheeks look more luminous, use Bella to highlight your cheekbones.
Lips
  • Apply Plumped Pink to your lips. Et voila, you're done!
    My hair is so long, it's hard to take it all in one frame :)
    It was a hot and humid day for me to let my hair loose. I ended up going to the party with my nicely curled hair in a pony tail, which was the best decision I made that day. We ended up sitting outside with an industrial-size fan blowing on my face. The hair could have been a disaster had I not tie it up!

    Please stay tuned for tomorrow. Belly's back with a health update. He was so happy for your lovely comment that he scratched my door late at night for many nights just to discuss about it.

    Photobucket

    P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails