Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clear Skin with The Lancer Method Skincare

Hi everybody,

Hope you don't mind a late post today. Remember my worst breakout of the year? At the beginning of this year, the insanely cold weather triggered something I've never experienced before: dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. Now, I'm used to the oily and acne-prone combo but remove the oil, add dryness and sensitivity on top is something new to me. Immediately, things that worked for me in the past went to the trash bin. Either they were not moisturizing enough or soothing enough. I needed something new and I need it fast.

Then came an invitation for me to join a new skincare line from Lancer Dermatology. After reading the information in Dr. Harold Lancer's website, I thought I should give it a try. The Lancer method is quite simple. It only involves 3 steps: polish/exfoliate, cleanse, and repair.

Lancer Dermatology products for acne-prone skin (L-R): Repair, Polish, Cleanse
I gave these products a month-long trial. Want to know if it works? Jump!

Here is how I use the products:
After 2 weeks, I saw immediate improvement in my skin texture and clarity. It became baby smooth and looked a lot better. I even noticed how smooth my mineral foundation glide.

The Exfoliating Blemish Cleanser is designed to use daily. It is a gel with some exfoliating beads and is absolutely gentle to the skin. The smell is very refreshing: it's minty but there's no mint in this product (it's tea tree oil!) I always feel awake when I use it in the morning.

The Blemish Control Polish is like a microdermabrasion at home. The main ingredient is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and it can be painful if you don't wet your face well. The only gripe I have of this polish is how hard it is to squeeze the product out. The mixture is quite thick and whenever I use, I need to squeeze, squeeze, and squeeze some more just to get a pea size of product. But that's all I need: a tiny pea size.

The AM/PM Nourishing Treatment is some kind of wonderful by itself: it's an all-in-one product for your face and eyes. No, you don't need an extra eye cream. And no, it didn't give eyes some styles. This product is very moisturizing and soothing. It contains shea butter among many other moisturizing ingredients. My skin tends to work well with shea butter and when the weather was really cold, this lotion was all I need for the night time. And did I tell you it is as thick as butter? All I need is half a dime of creme to cover my face, that's all!

After the second week, things started to level off. Had I pan out the polish to twice a week, I could have maintained the clarity of my skin. However, I used it every other day and started to have mild breakouts. Also, the weather started to get hot and the nourishing treatment became too oily for me.

Since I have mild acne skin, this skincare line words for me. The cleanser and polish do not contain benzoyl peroxide but they do have small amounts of salicylic acid. Those with sensitive, mild acne-prone, and dry skin will benefit from this line to maintain the clarity of their skin. The price tags are not cheap, though: the cleanser and polish both cost $50 a piece while the nourishing treatment is priced at $100. (The last one could have made a nice Mother's Day gift if I could afford it.)

And you want to know the good news? Lancer Dermatology wants to give away an exact set of this product to one lucky winner of My Makeup Blog. Stay tuned until next week and I'll tell you more about this giveaway. But we still have the UPrinting.com Business Card giveaway until 5pm tomorrow. Please join if you haven't already done so already!

Last but not least, legal disclaimer: the above products were generously furnished for P.R purposes. The opinions and experience from this blog entry are my own and they may be different from yours. Skincare is a very intimate issue, what works for me may not work for you. However, I strive to give you the most honest opinion of these products so you can get better understanding from them. For more information about My Makeup Blog's disclosure policy, click here.

Photobucket


P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails