Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Be Chic with Everyday Minerals Blushes in Snuggle and DVR Saturday

Hi everybody,

The last time I purchased any full size item at Everyday Minerals (EDM) was in 2007. It was before EDM redesigned all their packages and nixed the mini-sized items, which I miss tremendously. Back then, little did I know that one day I would (a) have a makeup blog, and (b) be resourceful enough for EDM to contact me to do reviews.

While I've been trying a lot of makeup products, especially mineral makeup, Everyday Minerals blushes hold a dear place in my heart (click here for my first review of EDM and a chance to see how I looked way back in 2008!) The blushes probably are the best products at EDM since they are very pigmented and pretty. A kind representative sent me two colors to play: Snuggle and DVR Saturday.

The redesigned package
I kind of miss the brown lid with the old bull's eye logo

...but I definitely do not miss the old lid!
You can turn it while saying "Open Sesame!" and...

...it's opened
See, it's mess free!


Snuggle blush reminds me a lot of the famous NARS Orgasm but with less pink.
I even used it on the day I defended my thesis. I looked like I just blushed, it is so pretty!

DVR Saturday is a cool raspberry blush that has some shimmers
It is probably more suitable for night time makeup because it is very pigmented.

Skin swatch in natural light
You can see flecks of glitters in the swatch

While the redesigned containers with coverable sifter is a convenient, the downside is you get less amount of product. However, after I compared with the old blushes I have, these new ones are definitely more pigmented and feel a lot smoother. Also, the staying power is better to boost. Moreover, some of the blushes are lip-safe and you can use them as lip colors. I did with Snuggle and it is so gorgeous!

Price: $2.50 USD for sample size and $8.00 USD for big size (the size shown in this blog entry.)
Where to get it: at Everyday Minerals website (click here)

And now, a disclaimer: the above products were sent to me from a kind representative of Everyday Minerals for reviewing purposes. For more information, please visit Everyday Minerals website. Click here to read My Makeup Blog disclosure policy.

So, what do you think about EDM blushes? Please let me know in the comment section, ok?

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of their blushes before. The two shades that you got look so pretty! And the new sifter format is certainly much more convenient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Witoxity,

    Yes, they are really lovely! I use Snuggle a lot these days and it is really pigmented. You should give EDM a try, they have free samples with orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful and so pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww cute Dao circa 2008 xD
    I am so curious about the whole mineral makeup fandango (haha, I've been wanting to use that word since forever!) cos I've got oily combination skin and liquid foundations tend me melt off my face after a couple of hours.
    I'm intimidated by the whole 'mix your own colour' thing tho and I just don't_get_how a powder can give you coverage like a liquid if you know what I mean?
    None the less, those blushes look really promising and are much cheaper than Orgasm...which I shelled out $30 for =.="

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gio,

    Thanks, I like both of them very much but I tend to use Snuggle a lot more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi McNunu,

    You have the same skin color as me, right? I can send you a small aliquot via snail mail so you can try. It's great for oily skin but you need to use some primer underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm probably around a NC20-25, I'm pretty white right now and I'm finding my MAC Studio Fix way to orange on me so I've been looking for an alternative (maybe should look into the Revlon Colourstay that everyone n their mum are raving about)
    I feel so bad tho asking you to send me!!after going thru that terrible Sephora fiasco and I also still haven't sent out those masks I've been promising u >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi McNunu,

    Oh no, don't worry! I will send you the Adorned with Grace mineral foundation I am using. It's the best mineral foundation I've tried. For some reasons, my skin does not like Revlon Colourstay but everybody and their blogs love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for this review!
    I'm loving my snuggle blush too. I get compliments whenever I wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not realize Snuggie looks like orgasm. no wonder it was so popular. I wonder if I have it. I need to check my samples!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have sample blushes from EDM and put it aside. I've been reaching for them lately. I definitely noticed they seem a lot more pigmented from your swatches. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fifi,

    I know, right? It looks really pretty and natural on me. I have a lot of blushes but wear this one a lot now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stephanie,

    It has the same vibe that NARS Orgasm emits but to me, it is not as pink. Yes, I think it's always on EDM best seller list. Please check your samples, you may already have it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alyssa,

    The samples last forever, I still have a lot of the Sunday Brunch sample I bought in 2007. These blushes are very pigmented and soft to touch.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails