Around this time last year, I was fortunate enough to have two very pigmented eyeshadow duos from Fantasy Makers and guess what happened? I did not use them, not even a peep! They just sat there in my bin like Sleeping Beauty or something while I felt like I did not have enough makeup. My new organizing system helps a lot, as Smolder, the blue duo, got a chance to come out and play recently.
Remember this photo?
That was Smolder, y'all!
The origin of this FOTN is interesting: prior to this, I did not wear makeup for close to a month. My skin gave me the worst attitude ever and I decided to let it be. Then, I was invited to the party and I knew for sure people going there are going to dress up a lot. To up my ante, I decided to wear some makeup and thank God, my skin was a lot better that day. Smolder was within arm's reach and since it has two colors, I did not have to worry about how to coordinate them. The whole process took less than 15 minutes and it was the fastest time I've painted my face for a night out.
Close eye (with flash)
- MAC Bare Canvas paint pot used as an eyeshadow base;
- Lighter blue eyeshadow from Smolder duo applied all over the eyelids with MAC 239 brush;
- Darker blue eyeshadow applied to the outer corner of the eyes, using Loew-Cornell 1/4 AMM brush;
- Then, using Sonia Kashuk blending brush, blend the darker blue color from the outer corner to the crease area;
- Highlight the area underneath the brow bone with Everyday Mineral blush in Wet Sand;
- Curl lashes and applied 2-3 coats of mascara;
- Finally, line the lashes with MAC Blacktrack gel liner and Loew-Cornell spot detailer brush.
- With EcoTools blush brush, apply Soft Ginger blush from Physician's Formula Soft Ginger/Bronzer blush/bronzer duo;
- With MAC 168 contouring brush, use the bronzer from the same duo to contour;
- Use E.L.F powder brush to blend the lines between the blush and bronzer together to make contouring less obvious.
- Loving Touch see thru lip colour from "A Rose Romance" collection as a lip color and the lighter shade of L'Oreal HiP ColorPresso lipgloss in Swanky as a top coat.
- Adorned with Grace mineral foundation in Grace 3.5, applied with the E.L.F powder brush;
- EDM silk dust applied with StudioTools dual fiber brush.
In fact, the two pictures of me were taken way after the party.
I was not that shiny at all, thanked to the face primer I used.
That's all, folks! I hope you enjoy this FOTN. I've been trying to see if Fantasy Makers sell any new products for this Halloween. So far, I haven't seen any :( How about you? Comment, ok?
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!