Starting from last weekend, since the temperature went down a bit, I felt more positive and found myself laughing and smiling for no reason, as if all the burdens and fogginess in my life just vanished. While I tried to be as upbeat and cheerful while I blog, in real life things are a lot messier. Therefore, smiling because I want to smile and laughing because I want to laugh are good things. With cheerful mood comes cheerful makeup and recently, I did a Christmasy look in October. Come to think of it, I don't wear red lipstick that much in the house, let alone outside. But that day, I decked myself down and man, I felt great!
Semi closed eye
- MAC Rubenesque paint pot as eyeshadow base
- L'Oreal eye pigment applied all over the lid with EcoTools eyeshadow brush. The eye pigment was discontinued a long time ago and I doubt if I can still get it. The color is rustic gold with some olive pigments. MAC Old Gold may be used as a substitute.
- Dark brown eyeshadow from NYX Perpetual trio on the outer v and to the crease, applied with MAC 217.
- Gosh eye pigment in Pineapple to the inner corner of the eyes, applied with EcoTools eyeshadow brush. (Thank you, Gio for the pigment!)
- MAC Warming Trend from Cool Heat LE as highlighter, applied with MAC 217.
- Revlon ColorStay liquid pen eyeliner to line the lash. I winged it out a bit to get the cat eyes look.
- 2 coats of L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara to the lashes.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear blush and bronzer in Light Bronzer/Light Ginger: Light Ginger was used as a blush and Light Bronzer as a contouring powder. Both shades were applied with MAC 168 brush.
- For extra shimmer, I applied Adorned with Grace mineral shimmer blush in Glamorous with my favorite StudioTools dual fibre brush.
- I lined my lips with Rimmel London Exaggerate automatic lip liner in Red Diva,
- Then, I applied NYC Retro Red to my lips with a lip liner brush.
Since it was so cold, I wore a hooded long cardigan and put the hood on
I'm no Little Red Riding Hood, more of Big Black Riding Hood with a zit :)
And why my wink looked so evil?
To me, this look is versatile: you can change the lipstick to something brown or neutral for a daytime look. If you want a more vampy look, just edge on some dark raspberry lipsticks and call it a day (or night!)
What do you think? Give me some feedback, feedback, ok?
One more thing: I didn't realize the new Windows 7 is coming out today. Are you going to upgrade your operation system?
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!