Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gifts from the Aloha State!

Hi ladies,

I hope the day is treating you well and if you are taking a break, here is a little bit of a story-telling time for ya!


My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Forrest Gump-1994
When it comes to movies, chocolate, and the main character spoke in a Southern accent, I've got to give it to Tom Hanks and "Forrest Gump". That quote probably is the most famous one from the movie and it encompasses the essence of life. Like a box of chocolate, life is full of surprises: one minute you can bite into the most succulent toffee-filled piece of chocolate and the next you got a square of the most bitter one. You'd never know what life (or chocolate) is there for you until you sink your teeth into it!

After giving me a lot of extra-dark chocolate lately, finally life decided to drop some mouth-watering creme-filling chocolate on me. The thing is, it did not come in the form of chocolate but perfume...from Hawaii!

The package came after Christmas, straight from the Aloha State!

One of my readers contacted me via email about the "M by Mariah Carey" perfume that I reviewed a long time ago. In fact, it was the first perfume review that I wrote and I was intrigued to learn that she wanted to give it to me since she learned from the post that I like it (and I really do! It's an interesting perfume!). Leslie was so generous to gift me the perfume and lotion without wanting anything back. However, I did not want her to get the short end and we decided to swap things. She was so sweet to give me the perfume, lotion, a cute note, and pack of sticky note from Hawaii! Although I've been blogging for a while, this is the first for me: a reader contacted me to give me stuff! Wow! Usually, it's the other way around!

I always wonder how much impact this blog makes through the internet and if people really read what I wrote at all. Again and again, I am proven wrong (and I like it!) I am so blessed with such wonderful readers (you guys!) and things like this really motivate me to do more.

Again, thank you Leslie! You are such a sweetheart and I hope the best will come to you in this year.

Now, here's something for all of y'alls: MAC has a 25% off code! Enter MACFF9 at checkout to get the discount. It does not apply on Mac Viva Glam items but the rest is up for grabs, including LE items! Offer expires on 1/08/09 so take advantage of it!

That's all for today ladies! Take care and stay gorgeous!

With love,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

4 comments:

  1. Awww~ That's sweet of her to give you the perfume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa,

    She is really kind and made my holiday season much better! I really love that perfume as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very nice of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gio,

    Leslie is really nice indeed! That was a first for me.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails