Monday, June 8, 2009

Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid Foundation: I am Jealous!

Hi everybody,

If you read to “I’m Jealous” in the title and wonder what the big deal is, please do not stop reading. “Makeup is makeup, right? Why so serious?” you thought. Well, for those who live in the U.S, I also live in the same turf as you do. But this Dream Satin Liquid thing does not. You can only find it in the other side of the pond, as it’s the European version of Maybelline NY Dream Liquid foundation but a load better!

Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid
Image courtesy Elle.nl

I haven’t used regular foundation for ages and almost forgot how it felt to use liquid foundation. When I did, the foundation (a) did not match my skin, (b) looked orangey, (c) made my face looking like an oil slick, and (d) felt like a mask on my face. On top of that, I got breakouts that required more makeup to cover up. So when I got this sample from an UK magazine, I tried it on just to see how it performed. After all, I’ve heard a lot of rave reviews about the Dream Satin liquid foundation.

The sample I got


This foundation does live up to its reputation: it is lightweight and feels like a tinted moisturizer. For those who have normal to dry skin, this would be an excellent foundation. For those with oily skin like myself, a bit of powder will fix the problem but even without powder, my skin still does not look that oily. Dream Satin liquid blends well and the stippling brush also makes it look a whole lot better. It does not make my pores look huge or make my skin break out. In fact, my skin looked quite dreamy and smooth after the first application. This foundation feels like a high end product and people in Europe can get it at their drugstores?

To add more to my frustration, Dream Liquid Mousse, the version sold in the U.S, is not as good. It is thicker and heavier than Dream Satin Liquid. Also, I cannot find a good match for the ones here as they change the names and probably tweak the colors as well. While my skin is a good match to Sand in Dream Satin Liquid, I have a hard time figuring out if Sandy Beige or True Beige is my match in Dream Liquid Mousse. The U.S version tends to be more olive while the European one has more peach and gold in the formula. The thickness of the U.S formula makes it harder to blend, although if you thin it out, Dream Liquid Mousse would last longer. I do not know if there are any significant differences between the U.S version and its European sister but I believe European countries have more stringent regulations when it comes to makeup and skincare products. I am not surprise if the European version of this foundation to be better.

My skin with Maybelline NY Dream Satin Liquid foundation
(never mind the zits!)


2 layers of foundation applied with a stippling brush
It felt very airy and almost like a tinted foundation
Also, did you notice the glow?

So yes, I am jealous of the Europeans and their beauty products. If I still wore regular foundations, I would ask someone from UK to send me some bottles already. But if you are in Europe and happen to read this, I’ll really appreciate a bottle of Dream Satin Liquid foundation in Sand as a gift. Heck, it’s a really good foundation and I am happy to receive a gift anyways.

To my dear European readers, please check Maybelline NY Dream Satin liquid foundation out. It’s a seriously good foundation and also, as a drugstore product it is affordable.
Ingredients: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.


That's all, folks! I hope you're having a wonderful Monday. As usual, stay gorgeous!

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Dream Liquid Mousse? I'm guessing that's the American equivalent. I got a sample of this in the mail. It's good but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. What I really want to try from the UK is Barry M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,

    Yes, I've tried Dream Liquid Mousse. It does not feel the same though. Maybe it's my Eurocentric or the products are different but I like the UK version better. And thanks for reminding me of Barry M, now if I can get my hands on those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dao! I live in Sweden, Europe. So if you're confused about my spelling, you know why haha :D I bought this product today actually and tried it on also. I can't even start to describe how amazing it is. I'm like you, i never wear foundation but when i read the reviews from different people saying how wonderful and light "DSL" is, i just had to go to the nearest drugstore and buy it! Every word you wrote down in here about Dream Satin Liquid foundation, describes perfectly how amazing it is :D So keep up the good job girl! I love your blogheader - it's sooo cute! :D You can be expecting more from me in the future :D Love, a soon to be hairdresser! yey :D

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails