Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream: My Skin Savior!

Hi ladies,

If you have already noticed, for the past few weeks the amount of posts with me wearing makeup just decreased dramatically. It's not that I don't wear makeup anymore or I don't have any makeup to wear. The opposite to that is the truth though. The only reason for me not wearing makeup is my skin has been behaving well and that eliminates the need of wearing a face full of makeup. Since I started using the face peel, my skin has become better. Also, I've incorporated some new products to my routine that perform with full stellar. One of them is Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream which I use as my night cream.

The container looks like a space pod, very sci-fi looking!

I gently peeled off the seal at the bottom to reveal what's inside

Tada! The jar of Intense Hydrating Cream

It is quite small compared to the container. Also, the design is not as beautiful.

The texture is more of a gel than a cream

Alright, enough with the visual effect. Here is the review of this product:

I've been interested in Olay recently as I saw good result from my daily lotion. Definity is formulated for women in their 50s and it has the highest concentration of niacinamide. Niacinamide is also known as vitamin B-3, a water soluble compound that prevents water loss from the skin and also improves the appearance of wrinkles, skin discoloration, redness, and improves skin elasticity. According to Olay, it can penetrate up to 10 surface layers of the skin to hydrate and "reduce the look of discoloration, dullness, brown spots, and wrinkles in just 8 weeks."

This is the part that I stood up and said, "Olay, oh really? Because my anatomy textbook told me there are only 5 layers in the epidermis! Unless the medical field recently has a breakthrough that wasn't announced to the world, I stick to what my anatomy book told me!"

Typical structure of the epidermis in anatomy textbook


Seen from the microscope
Image courtesy of Jessica Jackson

The 5 layers of the epidermis are: stratum corneum, stratum lucidum, stratum granulosum, stratum spinosum, and stratum basale. Stratum lucidum, or the light layer, only presents in areas that are most frequently used like the sole of your feet or the palm of your hand. In the above picture, the skin sample may be from the thin skin area that lacks stratum lucidum.

Ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Isobutane, Propane, Acetyl Glucosamine, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laureth-4, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Soluble Collagen, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

So the question is, "Does it work?"

If you've noticed, the products I featured in my blog either works wonderfully well or does not work at all (because once in a while I need to alert people!) This Olay Definity actually works very well for my oily skin. It absorbs very fast and is not greasy at all. Since I use it as a night cream, I wake up looking fresh and alert. One morning after some days of using this product, I looked at myself in the mirror and almost uttered, "Who the h*ll is this?" to myself! I indeed look like me at the A.M, not a bloated, puffy-eyed version of me that I'm so used to! It works! On top of that, who glows like J.Lo at the early morning? Not me before! But the me after Olay does glow a bit!

Wonderful, right? It's because the last product is mica, which is a light-diffusing type of mineral. When used with high concentration, mica can clog pores but as it is formulated with the smallest quantity in the product, it does not do so much harm to me. In fact, I did not have any flare ups since started using this product. Usually, when I switch products, my face acts up within the first week but now I'm still lookin' good! This product is not fragrance-free, although the fragrance is quite nice and not obnoxious at all. It's kind of floral to me and quickly goes away after I apply to my face.

Olay Definity is getting more affordable these days: I saw them priced around $18 USD at Target and Walmart. Also, you can always find coupons for these products and if you want, you can go to this website for a $5 coupon sent from Olay! They send the coupons pretty fast, I'm telling ya!

Overall, I think this is a great night product for those with oily skin. For those with dry skin, Olay Definity Night Restorative Sleep Cream will work better. So if you've been looking for a night cream, I think you should give Definity a try!

Take care ladies and stay gorgeous,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

  1. so do you use it as a lotion in place of your regular day lotion? or just around your "problem" areas?

    this is susan, aka isis btw! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    I use it as a night cream and all over my face. Wow, you finally gave me a comment! *Hug*

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails