Friday, August 3, 2012

June-July Appearances

Hi everyone,

The first time of anything is exciting. After that, you get into a routine and excitement doesn't come as easily anymore. Regardless, I still love to see my writings in print.

Although I have been a contributor for ELLE.vn for a while now, I got my first article published in the magazine in the July issue. I was so proud! After all, I was slaving over it for a couple of weeks and finally saw my baby in print gave me a sense of accomplishment I had never felt before!

Cover of the July issue of Elle Vietnam 
My first article in a major beauty publication, yay!
I got a 3-page spread. For a newbie, that was fantastic!
I wrote about Japanese skincare philosophy
You can read it here on Elle.vn website
I was lucky to be commissioned to write another article for the August issue
My article made the front cover, yay!
Since this issue is focused on accessories and nails, my article was about the nail industry in the U.S
Close up for you to see the by-line
Read it here
 I am also a contributor to Saigon Tiep Thi (Saigon Marketing.) Once a month, I do my best to write an article or two for this magazine. And I'm telling you, those deadlines run by rather quickly. Regardless, I love writing these articles. You don't know how much I have learned from writing them.

SGTT June issue
Both titles of my articles were in the front cover. Talk about advertising, right?
The first article I wrote was about the functions of coconut oil :) 
This article is a skincare guide for people with different skin types
The publisher gave me a different pen name , haha!

SGTT July issue
I wrote about skincare for babies
This is a foreign territory and I did a boat load of research before writing it
Looking back at these articles and compared them to the first one I published, I do see my own growth in term of writing. Whoever said the more you write, the better you become is correct. I feel more comfortable in my writing now than before. These articles read better as well.

After all the glitz and glamour of getting published, there is hard work not only from me but from the editors in these magazines. I am thankful for the opportunities as well as the hard work these editors have been working in order to make my articles more readable. Also, I am thankful for the art people who arranged the pages and select illustrations for my articles. They are the ones who bring life to these words. With all that said, I'm doing my best to keep up with the deadlines :)

With love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails