Friday, January 20, 2012

My Makeup Trial

Hi everyone,

Last night, I was playing with my makeup stash and an idea came to me: "Why don't I do a makeup trial on myself?" The thing is, I have a wedding to attend at the end of the month. Before, I just winged it as I went and sometimes it worked. Since this is an important wedding with the bride being my cousin and all, I don't want to embarrass her and myself by wearing some really interesting makeup to her wedding. Let's put it this way: lately, my taste in makeup has changed and I don't wear demure makeup anymore. Everything has to be ostentatious and RuPaul-esque. For a wedding, that would not fly. I need to tone down.

After half an hour of meticulous makeup-ing, I came up with this:

It was supposed to be a look inspired by Angelina Jolie in the 2012 Golden Globe
Instead, I looked like my aunt!
Or a successful business woman
Lord have mercy on my makeup!
This is a slightly better picture but still, I don't like the look
However, my face looks so slim, though. Which means Hip Hop Abs work, y'all!
This one probably looks like me the most but look at the shine around my nose.
This foundation is a no-go for me!
This silly picture tuned out to be the best :)
It has that MAC-esque factor similar to that Barbie Loves MAC promo
Again, notice the shine
I'm glad I did the trial because I learned so much from it. First of all, from the way the pictures came out, I am sure I am not going to use this foundation and powder combo. Since I am paler now, my go-to liquid foundation is a lot darker now and I can't use it anymore. This is really bad because that foundation films really, really well. The new foundation is really thick and creamy and I had to use a powder (also new product) to fix it. This creates another problem: cakiness. On top of that, the foundation, albeit being thick and all, offers no coverage whatsoever. You still can see my dark marks, can you?

Secondly, this pair of lashes has to go, too. It is too long and unnatural-looking. I may keep the red lips for fun but we'll see.

From this trial, I am back to square one when it comes to powder and foundation. Since I'm bound to buy a new foundation anyways, this would not be a problem, although my wallet is screaming profanities at me right now :( I have 10 days to come up with a new look and I want to look poise and lady-like this time around.

That's all for now. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I highly appreciate your inputs.

Take care,
Dao xoxo


P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails