Thursday, January 13, 2011

FOTD: Baby, Let's Meet the Queen!

Hi everybody,

It's funny that a lot of things started with a simple idea that snowballed into something bigger. I bought a butterfly hair clip last December in a whim without thinking of what I should do with it. Then, one day I clipped it in my hair and went to hang out with my friends. The friends liked it, although it might have a lot to do with their tolerance of my quirks. Nevertheless, I love the butterfly hair pin but could not manage to incorporate it into a FOTD-worthy post.

Then came Revlon Siren lipstick. I applied this tomato lip color and deeply fell in love. Yes, Siren is bright and orange. It's not for everybody but when I applied it, I was transformed into a more ballsy person who wanted to meet the Queen. Whether the Queen is ready to meet me, I not sure. However, I wish to meet her looking like this:

Baby, Let's Meet the Queen!
Photos shot with my new Canon G12 :)
This is an utterly simple look. Wanna know how I did it? Jump!


Stuff I used:
Face:
Chanel White Essentiel foundation in Beige Cendre applied with StudioTools dual fiber brush;
CoverGirl Simply Ageless cream blush in Lush Berry (not shown), applied with ELF stipple brush;
The Ultimate Powder

Eyes:
MAC Bare Canvas paint pot as a wash and Rubenesque on eyelid, using Sonia Kashuk blending brush
MAC Blacktrack fluidline as an eyeliner with Coastal Scents slanted eyeliner brush
White and silver eyeliners on lower lash line
Mascara primer and mascara

Lips: Revlon Siren and ELF 2 in 1 Conditioning gloss in Bedazzled, applied with a lip brush.

By keeping the rest of the face simple, Siren has a chance to shine.
Also, the nail polish on my pointing finger is "Siren". Yup, it coordinates with the lipstick but since my lips are really pigmented, the color looks redder.
Some artsy shots that the G12 managed to produce:

Waiting for the Queen...
Yes, I'm still waiting... :D
Needless to say, I had a lot of fun doing this FOTD. When you have a lipstick as bright as Siren, you don't need to do a lot of things for the rest of your face. This lipstick will make you look good. In retrospect, I should have used some falsies but then, I had to go outside and I didn't want to scare the locals with my flaming bright lips and falsies. The butterfly didn't make it out of the door, btw. Halloween is still 9 and a half month away!

So, what do you think about the first FOTD of the year? I'd love to hear from you.

Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails