Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stay Clean and Protected UV Lights with Solise Premium Body Wash

Hi everybody,

Blogging is really an eye-opening experience. Recently, I got an opportunity to try Solise Premium Body Wash. It is the world's first body wash that incorporates sunscreen. That means, you only need to take a shower, wipe yourself clean, put on your clothes, and head out of the house. By simply taking a shower, you already have SPF 15 protection bound to your skin. How awesome is that?

Solise Premium Body Wash (8 oz., $13.99)
 Wanna know if it works for me? Jump!



List of active ingredients
 The active ingredients include physical sunblock (titanium dioxide) and chemical sunscreens (homosalate, octinozate, octisalate, and oxybenzone.) Together, they provide a broad spectrum coverage against UVA and UVB. While SPF 15 is better than having no sunscreen at all, it is still too weak to provide a good coverage. However, for most of us, we usually apply sunscreen to our faces and forget about the rest of the bodies. Also, have you tried applying sunscreens to children? It is an antagonizing experience.

The Solise Premium Body Wash would probably make your life easier, especially if you have young children. It is not only a body wash but also a bath gel. Instead of wrangling the kids to apply sunscreen on them, you can tell them to take a bath.

Solise Premium Body Wash lathers well, thanks to sodium laureth sulfate. It also contains cocoamidopropyl betaine as a medium strength surfactant. Soybean oil and glyceryl stearate are used to moisturize your skin. The product is paraben free and smells like Dove shampoo to me. Also, according to the direction, you can use it on your face to have SPF coverage. However, since I have sensitive skin, I opted out.

List of inactive ingredients
So, does it work? Honestly, I can't tell, simply because I don't have the equipment to measure how effective this body wash is to protect me against sunburn. However, as a body wash, it does the job. Solise Premium Body Wash lathers well and leaves my skin feeling smooth. While I was afraid the chemical sunscreens would cause me some breakouts, my body has been blemish-free. Also, the Dove-like fragrance is not so bad, either.

Solise Premium Body Wash received the Seal of Recommendation from the Skin Cancer Foundation. This means the SPF claim of this product was reviewed and tested before the foundation granted the seal. Also, the product is monitored annually to make sure it maintains the quality and meets the criteria.

While Solise Premium Body Wash came from a good concept, the SPF coverage is not high enough to me. I wish Solise to develop a body wash with SPF 30, which is the sunscreen coverage dermatologists recommend. If you live in sunny and tropical places, Solise Premium Body Wash is a better option for you than applying sunscreens to your body. All you need to do is to take a shower or a bath and get SPF 15 protection without enduring the stickiness of sunscreen lotions.

What do you think about it? Yay? Nay? Please let me know by leaving comments, ok?

Disclaimer: The product was provided for PR purposes. The opinions and experience in this post, however, are mine with sincere honesty. As it is a skincare product, what may work for me may not work for you since everybody's skin is different.
Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails