Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Heart Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3!

Hi everybody,

Some time around last month, a light bulb went off in my head: instead of buying a bazillion cheap things that don't work, I should focus on buying a single great thing and use it over and over again. Every fall for three years in a row, Urban Decay has released their famous Book of Shadows. Guess what? Yours truly didn't get Vol.1 and 2 simply because I was stingy. This year's palette costs $54 USD and has 16 colors, 2 mini eyeliners, and a mini UPDD. And I thought it was expensive! If I added the money spent on cheap stuff I could not use, it would be more than $54 already. Me and my false sense of economy does not work sometimes.

But enough about that. Let's talk about the Book of Shadows Vol. 3, shall we?

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3 ($54 USD)
It took free shipping, 20% off, and 3 complimentary samples from Sephora for me to order this palette. The grand total came around 45 bucks and did I mention free shipping? Also, I got 6% cash back from eBates. Yay me!

This beautiful palette unleashed a weird side of me. I had it for more than a month now and so far, I used it once! And you want to know why? Because this palette is bloody beautiful!

Wanna bask in the glory of Urban Decay Book of Shadows 3? Jump!



Look, ma! The palette lights up!
The top of this book/palette is a pop-up book with lights. It reminds me of the music greeting cards you can get at Hallmark but instead of the annoying sounds, you get tiny lights on the background. The Book of Shadows 3 is a tribute to New York City from Urban Decay, a California company. There is a tiny mirror but I don't use it to apply makeup because it is not that big. Like a kid, I was very gleeful on the first day month I got it. I kept on opening and closing the top part to see the lights. If you haven't seen it already, the scenes in the pop-up book are landmarks from New York: Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty. Even the yellow taxicab makes a cameo.

Close-up at the palette
Guess what? Forget MAC and their overpriced makeup, I'm on team Urban Decay now. The eye shadows are incredibly pigmented. I only used a tiny bit on my eyes and they blend really well. The only downside of this palette is the lack of highlighting colors. I thought I could use Midnight Cowboy Rise Again but it is very glittery. Also, Uzi and Maui Wowie have the same texture. This palette has a nice balance of neutrals and fun colors. Rockstar, Bodello, and Psychedelic Sister are surprisingly wearable, considering that I don't wear purples that well.

This is my plead and urge to you to please get Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. 3. I don't get paid to push this palette on you but if you can, please get it. This palette is really wonderful. Next year, I am going to save money to get vol. 4. And let's pray to God that Urban Decay is going to release vol. 4 without Midnight Cowboy Rise Again. The stuff is really glittery and I can't stand it.

How about you? Do you love Book of Shadows vol. 3 or any previous editions? Please let me know in the comment section. I'd love to hear all about it.
Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails