Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beauty Literotica: 30 Day Ultimate Beauty Makeover by Trisha Bartle

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your kind wishes. I am feeling a lot better today, although not 100% back yet. It is strange to have a cold when it's hot outside but I guess I need some rest after all. So the last few days have been filled with sleep and lots of it.

The 30 Day Ultimate Beauty Makeover by Trisha Bartle (e-book)
$8 USD until 9/15/2010; $13 afterward
Recently, my friend Trisha from Makeup Files sent me her newest e-book "The 30 Day Ultimate Makeover" for reviewing purposes. We have been each other's readers for as long as I can remember and she's very supportive.

If you are someone like me, who is somewhat up to date in beauty and makeup trends but clueless in many aspects of fashion, you are in for a treat. "The 30 Day Ultimate Makeover" starts with tips on cleaning out your makeup stash (day 1), then goes on to making a beauty list (day 3), and clean out your wardrobe (day 10).

Each day, you have a task to fulfill. If you think you need to spend an astronomical amount of time to complete your task, you are wrong. Each task is very simple. For example, on day 9, you need to fill out your makeup carrying case with essential on the go items. This task should not take more than half an hour. If you are quick, it can be completed within 10 minutes!
With a friendly voice and an easy to understand instruction, each day Trisha gives you advice on how to fulfill your task. By only focusing on an important point a day, you don't feel like you are being overwhelmed by change. The interesting thing about this book is how small changes within a short amount of time can add up to a big difference.

Let's be honest here: all of us want to change our lives to the better. Yet, when it comes to making it happen, we chicken out. Why? It is not because we are afraid of changes. What we are afraid of is dramatic changes, hence the chicken out part. However, if we do something just a little bit differently everyday, by the end of the month, things do add up. And that is the beauty of this book.
Here is an excerpt of the first week's task:
  • Day 1: Clean Out Your Makeup Stash
  • Day 2: Finding the Right Foundation for Your Face
  • Day 3: Make a Best Beauty List
  • Day 4: Make a Happiness Playlist
  • Day 5: Start an AM Skincare Routine
  • Day 6: Start a PM Skincare Routine
  • Day 7: Organize Your Makeup Stash
By the way, My Makeup Blog makes a cameo on Day 19, which is a surprise to me.

"The 30 Day Ultimate Beauty Makeover" is a well-written and beautifully illustrated book. I congratulate Trisha on a job extremely well done. This is not a boring how-to book but an essential guide to be a better you in a month. A lot of things can happen in a month but sometimes you don't see changes. However, with a wonderful guide like this, I hope you will see some differences in your life. To me, this book reminds me of areas I need to improve, such as accesorizing, improving my diet, and exercising more frequently.

For more information, please visit The 30 Day Ultimate Beauty Makeover on Makeup Files.

Disclaimer: this book was provided by the author for reviewing purposes. For more information regarding My Makeup Blog's discloser policy, click here.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails