Friday, January 15, 2010

Come Exercise with Me: 30 Day Shred

Hi everybody,

How are you doing? "New year, new you", that's what people say when it comes to fitness and exercise. Yet, a lot of people got frustrated and belly up after a month or two after New Year's day. Without any shame, I have to admit I was one of them: every year, I marked the calendar and made resolution to lose x amount of weight. Yet, by March 15th, I found myself being a couch potato again.

While my level of fitness and makeup prowess were the same around the time I started blogging, I have to admit I am getting a lot better at taking care of myself in the skincare and makeup department. The only plausible reason for this is I blog almost every day about beauty and makeup. Hence, I got absorbed to this world and have become better in this part of my life.

I guess I can do the same with exercise, right? Right? Guys, are you still there?

So, this time around I want to make 2010 a beautiful year for all of us by extending an invitation to exercise with me. Of course, the ladies at NB and I already formed our own support group but I would love my readers to join me as well. The exercise DVD I chose is "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels



Wanna join me? Read more after the jump!


I heard a lot of good things about this exercise video and got a chance to loan it for a week at the local library. Jillian Michaels is not joking when she took the title of TV's toughest trainer: this DVD almost made my heart jump out of my body after the first exercise. Then, I felt sore all over for days after that. It is very effective.

Right now, I am at level 1 and I exercise 3 days a week. I figure it is better this way since I am prone to boredom and repetition. Also, I do not want to burn out too early in the game.

So, if you want to join, please comment "I want to get fit" in the comment section, get yourself this DVD (or any exercise DVD), and exercise 3-4 times a week. Let's all get fit, you guys!

A little disclaimer: I am not Jillian Michaels (duh!) and I bought my own copy of "30 Day Shred" from my own pocket. This is not an advertisement, I truly want all of us to get fit.


Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

12 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I was just looking at this DVD at Walgreens the other day and was seriously considering buying it.

    Jillian Michaels is hardcore, so I know I would sweat if I used it, at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I saw that DVD too! But instead I bought myself a gym membership and fitness dance classes at my local studio. I would totally do this if it were not my extreme hatred for workout videos and my short attention span. The gym and dance classes have been working for me though! I'll join you on the quest to get fit thoughh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trisha,

    Yes, she is hardcore! That's one reason I had to buy this DVD. She's like a drill sergeant who does not quit on you. I don't know if it's cheaper but Sam's club sells this DVD for $8.88.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi A.Z,

    Yay, join on! Let's get fit together, everybody! I used to go to the gym but I am very lazy so exercising in my living room is a more viable option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dao: One of the reasons why I didn't get it is because Walgreens didn't have it labeled with a price. I guess I was just too lazy to ask someone.

    Instead, I've been either walking on my treadmill (bought super cheap on Craigslist), exercised to the Wii 'game' My Fitness Coach', or played Dance Dance Revolution. I've done one of those every single day since the first. I'm pretty proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to join! haha, I'll see if my library has a copy. I go to a gym with free classes, but I'm just to shy to bring myself to a group workout.

    oh yeah, the camera I use is the sony H-10. There's a new one on the market right now. I also use a photobox for my pics- so that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trisha,

    I'm so proud of you! Stick to it and you'll shop for bikinis soon. I always want to try DDR but sadly, my knees are kind of bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie,

    I'm a shy person at the gym, too. You can always stick to the back of the class and believe me, nobody looks at you when they're exercising. Thanks for the camera info, you have really crisp pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dao:

    I got the 30 Day Shred! I plan to start using it in the next few weeks. How's it going for you so far? Are you really using it every single day?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trisha,

    Yay, so excited! I use it every other day, every day is too much for me. Right now I'm at level 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey dao! after reading this i went out and found the dvd. i'm looking forward to starting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ms. Yummy,

    Yay, you join us! I'm so happy! This week I need to jump back on the exercise wagon again.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails