Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Wonderful Brown Eyeliners: Part Two

Hello there gorgeous,

Welcome back for the second part of "The Wonderful Brown Eyeliners". Boy, do I feel like giving you a boot-camp style workshop here :D To go with the workshop vibe, this part is the "show and tell" where I'm going to demonstrate to you on how to rock the brown eyeliner and give you an easy FOTD. Sounds like fun, isn't it?

After reading part 1, we now have a couple of brown liners to play with. In this post, I'm using my MAC Teddy eye kohl and a few other things to create this look:

The Simple FOTD

Don't be intimidated, this look is actually very easy to create and you don't need a lot of different products at all.

What you need:
  • Your foundation (liquid or mineral) and face lotion: we are doing a tinted moisturizer as described here. I use Everyday Minerals concealer for this look as it dissolves in my moisturizer better;
  • A foundation brush: I find using my foundation brush gives me a smoother and more flawless application than the sponge or my fingers;
  • A shimmering pink cream eyeshadow: I use Perky paint pot but Bare Canvas also does a good job as well;
  • Blush: I use Wet n Wild Mega Glo in Peach
  • Other brushes: blush brush (MAC 129) and pencil brush (MAC 219, can be substitute with a Q-tip!)
  • Lip color: MAC Viva Glam V (I believe)
Here's the How-To:

1. Apply cream eyeshadow to your eye lid and use the brown eyeliner to line a chubby line. This does not need precision as we are going to smudge the liner out afterward.

The sci-fi schematic that everybody loves


Should look like this after step 1


2. Using a pencil brush or a Q-tip (aka cotton bud), gently smudge the liner out:


Should look like this after step 2
If it's not dark enough, feel free to apply more eyeliner and repeat step 1 and 2.


That's it, you're done with the eyes. You may want to apply mascara but I usually skip this step if I'm in a hurry. The apply tinted moisturizer, blush, and lipstick. Et voila, c'est fini!


Cheesy pose, I think my skin looks much better now thanks to the peels


My new sweater that I knitted.
It's about 2 sizes too big but very warm and cozy.


That's all for today. I'm very thankful that you are reading my brown eyeliner tutorial. I hope you will find brown liners interesting and please share with me tips of using the browns if you have 'em.


Take care and stay cozy,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you knitted a sweater!?!? How many yarns did you use?... lol~ I bet you used a lot. It came out nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa,

    Thank you so much for your nice comment. I used to have a knit/crochet blog but now it's pretty much inactive. Most of the yarn for this sweater was ripped from a shawl I made and I bought 1 extra ball so it's around 2.5 balls of Lion Brand Home Spun yarn. If you take a look at the green shirt I wore in the Politically Pretty FOTD, I knitted that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial, I love th look you did and I will definitly try it.

    The sweater is beautiful, you're so good at knitting! I wish I could knit as well. My mum tried to teach me when I was younger but I could never get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gio,

    Thank you for your lovely comment. I hope it is helpful for you, this eye look used to be my staple look when I was an undergrad. Maybe you should give knitting a try, I gave up on crochet when I was a kid as well. Once I got older, my coordination got better I guess :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails