Monday, September 8, 2008

Asian Chic FOTD

Happy Monday everybody! How are you doing today? Ready for a new week? Anyways, last week when I was rolling up my hair, inspiration struck me to do some funky makeup using products I've never used before. Now, if you've been following me so far, you know I do not wear red lipsticks. The last time I wore red lipstick was at my 8th birthday party where a cousin of mine was in charge of the makeup department. She thought red was gorgeous on me and deliberately applied really ripe red lipstick on my tiny lips. From what I remembered, the birthday party was fun and I looked a lot older than 8! And I put off with the color red on my lips since then. But that was then...

...and this is now :D


When I waited for my hair to set, I was so bored that I started playing with makeup. I foiled the eye shadows to accomplish the twinkling effect. Then I used Hot blush from LORAC Hollywood heat on my cheeks and went with a nude lip look. However, when I looked at my hair I realized I looked kind of majestic and minutes later I found myself with winged up eyeliners and red lipstick on my lips. It was too late to turn back so I decided to snap some pictures to commemorate this event anyways.

What I used:

Foundation: Silk Naturals medium coverage foundation in Buttery Gold, applied with a kabuki brush.

Eyes:

  • Happy birthday Chris from The She Space: foiled on the lid
  • Live in color: foiled as a contour eye color
  • Go to shop: applied dry as a highlighter
  • Jane be pure gel eyeliner: drawn with MAC 266 brush
  • Maybelline the Colossal mascara in Glam Black
Cheeks: Hot blush from LORAC Hollywood Heat kit

Lips:
  • Sally Hansen daily lip moisture gloss in Clear Honey as a moisturizer
  • NYX round lipstick in Gardenia applied with MAC 316 brush
Sayuki meets Amy Winehouse = Asian Chic
(or maybe a little bit of Xtina in there as well?)

Nah, I'm not that tan
and please forgive my hair rollers, they're just props :)

This is one funky look you'll never see me wear outside the house, unless it's Halloween! Now I know I can wear red without looking too ridiculous. However, NYX round lipsticks are really drying so make sure you wear a lip balm underneath. The funny thing is when I did the look, I kept thinking of the Muse from Musings of a Muse. I guess she's The Muse after all as she's my inspiration behind this look. Muse, this one is for you!

What do you think of this look? Like it, love it? Do you wear red lipsticks? If yes then what's your favorite color? Let me know so I can check it out as well.

Take care and have a nice week ahead.
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

8 comments:

  1. I actually do think you look good in red lipstick!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani,

    Thanks a lot! Red lipstick is a lot of fun, isn't it? Do you like red as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Red lips looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gio,

    Thank you very much! Doing this FOTD was a whole lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dao!

    Finally commenting :)

    hehe I'm flattered you thought of me :)

    You look adorable lol! Your first look reminded me of Magaret Cho..hehe she always do that pouty look!

    Very pretty! Loving the vampy red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Muse,

    How are you doing? Thanks for coming. Margaret Cho, that's the first time I've heard someone compare me to her. Most of the times it's Sandra Oh from Grey's anatomy. I love that lipstick color as well but it's really drying :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun!

    I'm good. Tired and busy ans nutty :)

    You had an identical look as her in your first pic :) She does that pouty smile look!

    Sandra Oh? Oh no you're way prettier. Sandra Oh kinda has a lifeless face maybe I'm bias b/c I can't stand the way they do her character. She's a great actress and can do so much better. All the emo'ness from last season was too much to take!

    aw I hate drying lippies sigh :( I feel your pain some of my favorite shades are drying but since I love 'em so much I can't help but use 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Muse,

    Want to hear a funny story? The day after Sandra Oh won her Golden Globe (or Emmy?) for her role in Grey's, her face was on every single newspaper. So I was in class reading my newspaper and this dude sat behind me said, "Hey, she looks just like you!" I turned around and was like, "Huh? Her?"

    Dude said, "Yeah, she looks exactly like you!"

    Me, "No way, she's Korean and I'm not!"

    Dude, not accepting defeat, "but she's just like you!"

    I was like, "Ok, whatever" just to end the convo. The truth is, not only Sandra Oh is Korean (and very talented actress to boost!), she's about 50 lbs lighter than me. Plus at that time my hair was very short.

    Now Margaret Cho and I may look alike since she's also a (somewhat) big girl. She is hilarious, that one!

    I didn't like last season's Grey's Anatomy either. It seems to me the Cristina storyline when down after Burke left. Too bad Isaiah Washington is a really talented actor. It was not his fault to leave the show :(

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails