Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hooked on Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam

This is officially my first hair care review, how strange! My blog has been flooded with makeup and a bit of skin care but no hair care reviews so far. And you're asking me "how so?" See, I have the easiest hair to maintain in the world: my hair is very straight and grows very fast. The typical Asian hair, I must say. The one and only problem I have is it tends to go flat once it sees some moisture in the air and I so wanted that va-va-va-voom hair that movie stars have! Anyways, those hairstyles are high-maintenance and I'm more of a wash and wear girl.

These days since the temperature is still high, I do not need to use any heat to dry my hair at all. And my hair actually prefers that way since it looks and feels healthier. Plus I save some electricity, a win-win situation in my book I must say.

Recently, I discovered Aveda Phomollient styling foam on a trip to the Aveda Institute for a haircut. The student who cut my hair highly suggested this product and she said she uses it herself. Her hair looked good and when she used it on my hair, mine looked so well-groomed. Needless to say, I shelled out my hard-earned money to buy myself a bottle of Phomollient and I never regreted that decision. The best $14 USD I've ever spent on my hair!

This is how the bottle looks
The design is very simple and after you pump it out, you'll get some foams




with honey, yay!
And this product is patented, wow!


According to Aveda, this patented formula has certified organic honey, burdock and marshmallow root to create weightless volume on fine and medium hair. It also adds shine without build-up or weight using air-infused technology. It is appropriate for fine to medium hair types and gives light to medium hold.


Ingredients: aqueous extract of burdock root, marshmallow root,polysorbate 20, glycerin, polyquatermium-11, polyquatermium-10, honey, oryzanol, tocopherol, soybean oil, fragrance, geraniol, linalool, fernesol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, limonene, citric acid, sodium gluconate, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.


No parabens and sulfates, for those who don't like them.


It smells very earthy and soothing. Sometimes I smell the honey, sometimes I smell other herbs. It does add a lot of volumes to my hair and makes it look very lovely. On my recent FOTD, my hair was air dry only and it looked very well-groomed when I used a bit of the Phomollient on my damp hair. The hairstylist who cut my hair is African-American and she uses this product as well. She also mentioned having it for about 8 months and did not use half of it yet.


To me, I'm very cautious with the hair products as most of them tend to give me breakouts along the hairline. Phomollient, however, does not give me that problem so it's a big plus in my book.


My rating: A, could have been A+ if the price is a big cheaper. However, it will last me a long time.


Where to buy: Aveda salons, Aveda institutes, and online at Aveda.com. It also has refills for $1 USD cheaper.


That's all, folks! There you have it, a hair care product review. Enjoy!
Your Makeup Blogger


P.S: Please take "My Makeup Blog Reader Survey" for me if you haven't already done so. Your feedback is invaluable to me!

2 comments:

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails