Saturday, August 23, 2008

FOTD Smokey Blue: Avon Palette in Action!

Hi ladies,

Remember my review on the Avon 8-in-1 palette in Watercolors? Today I'm giving you a quick FOTD featuring the blues in that palette. I really love these colors as they are so fun to play with and easy to blend.

The FOTD



For some reasons, the colors show better when my skin resembles the same pigmentation of an Oompa Loompa or Gorgio Armani. But fret not, I do not look anywhere like Gio does in real life. I do not go to tanning salons or bake myself under the sun either. And I love sunscreens!


The eyes were done in a smokey way but in blue, just to prove the point that smokey eyes do not always need to be in black. It's a makeup technique, not a color. In any colors, smokey look is always beautiful.

Closed eye: I use the lighter blue color all over the eyelid,
darker blue on the outer v and contour,
black closest to the lash line and the lightest color of the palette underneath the brow bone

Here's how it looks when my eyes are opened
Most of the times the colors do not even show in the picture, unless they're pigmented enough


Silly pose #1: "Sh, don't tell anyone, ok? I use Avon!"

Peace out, y'all

Btw, I used Shu Uemura P Brown 76 on my cheeks and Avon Glazewear lipstick in Champagne Glow on my lips. I totally love these two products, they're so lovely!

It rained the whole day yesterday because of Hurricane Fay. The paint job that the maintenance staff did in my apartment yesterday was pretty much undone thanked to the rain T_T By the way, did you notice anything different? You like it? I was extremely exhausted from wrestling with the HTML/XML/CSS codes last night and hopefully this blog will look like this for a longer while.

That's all, folks! Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend!
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot! Also, please take "My Makeup Blog Reader Survey" for me if you haven't already done so. Your feedback is invaluable to me!

P.P.S: this is my 50th blog entry on "My Makeup Blog". If we make it through the big 100, I'm going to have a competition with prizes. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hey you switched it up! Looks good =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxy! It's one of those things on my to-do list for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also noticed your new layout. It's looking nice! :)

    To answer your question I'm not to sure what regular red pepper powder is. If you're talking about the American version, I don't think that will do. I hope that answered your question! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alyssa,

    Thanks for answering my question. I only have the American version but I'll give it a try if I can't find the Asian pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Dao...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails