Besides Christmas, Thanksgiving probably is the best day of the year for me. It's a unique holidays for those who live in the United States and Canada. In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October while in the United States, it is on the fourth Thursday of November. Usually, people gather around to give thanks to the harvest and express gratitude.
This year, there are several things that I am thankful for. After several months of debating whether I should open another blog, my friend NH told me "if it makes you happy then go for it!" I registered an account here in May but did not blog until the end of June. The rest became history: my blog got readers (you guys), and I get to know a lot of other wonderful beauty bloggers online.
Also, I would like to thank the individuals who have contributed to the outlook and nifty widgets to this blog. Without them, My Makeup Blog would be really boring!
Last but not least, I would like to thank my friends and family members who have always been there for me during my ups and downs as well as my readers who have given me the most wonderful feedback. They are my rewards and the fuel to keep me moving!
Now, I can't just leave without giving you something to prepare for Black Friday (aka the day after Thanksgiving when lots of things are going to be on sale!) If you'd like to shop online, I gathered some coupon codes and sales information for ya:
- Lisa Hoffman (wife of Dustin, the Academy Awards winner) gives a 25% discount when you buy her stuff at her online website: use code LHBBDB, good until 11/30
- Shu Uemura gives 20% off + free shipping: use code SHUFRIENDS, good until 12/01
- Smashbox also gives 20% off as a part of their Friends and Family Sales: use code SBFF08, (expiration date unknown)
- DuWop has a 25% off for you purchase as a part of their F&F Sales: use code HOLIDAY25, expired on 12/01
- TooFaced has free shipping for now
- Stila gives a 20% discount on your total purchase of $30 USD or more + free shipping: use code ECYX12, good until 12/16!
- Eyeko will give you a free minty lip balm with any purchase when you use code FREEMINTY, plus a surprise full-size item when you use code E129.
- Adorned with Grace Minerals (my favorite MMU store) is having a 15% off sales on their mineral makeup sets. Plus, you'll get 7 new eyeshadow samples with purchase of 20 dollars or more. (It's a dollar per sample, so you get 7 dollars worth of free stuff, sistas!) The deal is good until 12/01.
- Silk Naturals also offer gifts and free stuff if you spend more than 10 dollars at their website.
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!