A few days ago, I watched Katy Perry's new music video "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)". Her colorful 80s retro look caught my eyes and I told myself I had to recreate her blue and purple look (screen shots below.)
The perm, the bright makeup, and those plastic earrings remind me of the 80s. I remember some of my cousins used to rock those perms with sky-high bangs. Remember them? Good times :)
With the aide of my trusted Urban Decay Book of Shadows III, I recreated the look. Turns out it's not so difficult. After some serious blending, here is the result:
|I heart the 80s, yeah?|
Wanna know how I did this look? Jump!
|Stuff I used|
|For the eyes, I used Radium, Rockstar, Psychedelic Sister, and Uzi|
|You know why all these pictures have mascara smudges? Because they are the ones that shows the colors. The other ones I took afterwards without the smudges were blurry. Tres strange!|
- MAC Bare Canvas as a primary base; a white eyeliner (can use NYX Milk jumbo eyeliner) as a secondary base
- Radium (blue) on the eyelid, Rockstar on the outer-v blending in, Psychedelic Sister on the crease. Blend blend blend :)
- Uzi to highlight (use a light hand. This stuff is glitter center.)
- Eyeliner: ELF waterproof eyeliner
- Mascara: Yves Rocher Luminelle ultra volume mascara in Noire
- Eyebrow powder: Ardell mink brown
- Adorned with Grace mineral foundation in Grace 3.5
- Blush: Rimmel London lasting finish blush in Autumn Catwalk
- Lipstick: Za lipstick in Pink Pearl
|Katy Perry is famous for her lashes and big eyes. Here is my failed attempt to imitate her. (Oh, my lashes! Can you see them?)|
|Look at mah chain, mah chain, mah chain :P|
Also, if you notice how luminous my skin looks, I didn't use any bronzers or hightlighters or anything. Just natural sunlight and some sweat (<- my secret right there!) Yes, it was hot and I thought my makeup would melt off my skin. Thankfully, it didn't and I had to hurry up or else the foundation would be gone.
I hope you'll have a nice weekend. Enjoy!
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!